Objective: To control noxious weeds in the state, county, and township road ditches; to keep the weeds from propagating and spreading onto adjacent lands. Inspect and monitor noxious weed infestations and encourage all landowners in the county to control noxious weeds on their lands.
Mission: Provide leadership and education in the long term control of noxious weed management through cultural, biological, and chemical control strategies.
- Weed identification
- Assist in planning a noxious weed control strategy to landowners.
- Provide biological control agents for Leafy spurge and other noxious weeds
- Provide partial reimbursement of herbicide and application costs to non- crop and non-CRP lands
- Weed Seed Free Forage inspections and certification
- Weed infestation reporting