|GOLDEN VALLEY COUNTY, NORTH DAKOTA.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CLERK OF COURT &
CLERK OF COURT SERVICES
- Marriage Licenses (Click here for Marriage Ceremony information.)
- Filing of Court Documents (civil, probate, small claims, and criminal cases)
- Traffic citations paid here (unless they are Municipal Citations)
- Court is held at 9:00 am on the 4th Thursday of each month.
RECORDING FEES (see NDCC 11-18-05)
- $20.00 for documents with 1-6 pages
- $65.00 for documents with 7-25 pages
- $3.00 per page for any additional page over 25
- A 1 inch margin must still be provided on one side of each page or a $10.00 margin fee will
be assessed, as it is today.
- Related document numbers, or book and page will allow for the first 10 listed free, and any
additional related numbers will be at a fee of $3.00 per document number.
- The first 10 sections listed will be free and each additional section listed after 10 will be a
fee of $1.00 per section listed.
FONT SIZE NDCC 11-18-05.1.a.4(2) "The printed, written, or typed words must be considered
legible by the recorder before the page will be accepted for recording and, unless the form was
issued by a government agency, must have a font size equal to or larger than ten point
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST have a 3 inch [7.62 centimeters] margin across the top of the
first page of each instrument for recording information.
- NDCC 11-18-05.1.a.4 "A space of at least 3 inches [7.62 centimeters] must be provided
across the top of the first page of each instrument for the recorder's recording information.
If a space of at least 3 inches [7.62 centimeters] is not provided across the top of the first
page, the recorder shall add a page, and an additional page charge must be levied in
accordance with the fee structure."
- Submitters can add a cover page with the title of the document at least 3 inches from the
top of the page and this will serve as the first page. This would ensure the submitter knows
exactly how many pages will be counted.
- If a recorder must add a page and a 6 page document results in 7 pages, the $65.00 fee
will be charged.
- If the recorder adds a page to a 25 or more page document, the additional $3.00 per page
will be assessed.
1. Document must be an original or certified copy.
2. All dates filled in
3. Adequate county legal description
4. All signatures must be original handwritten.
Acknowledgments for all signatures
- Notary Seal(s) (ND notary seal must be surrounded by a border.)
- State filled in
- County filled in
- Date of acknowledgements filled in
- Name(s) of all individuals signing appear in the acknowledgement (as having appeared
- Expiration date of notary's commission
- ND notary's place of notarization was in North Dakota (ND Notary's notaries act outside of
DEEDS - ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Statements of full consideration* (not required on a deed covering mineral interest only)
- All real estate taxes must be paid before any deed can be recorded.
- Post Office address for grantee(s)
- Name and address of Drafter of legal description on deed or contract for deed, executed
on or after 01/01/2000 that contains a metes and bounds legal description (NDCC 47-19)
in the form of "this legal description was prepared by (name) (address)" or a statement
that reads "The legal description was obtained from a previously recorded document."
*Only 1 of 2 statements of consideration will be accepted on a Deed or Affidavit of Affixation:
- A statement of full consideration paid for the property conveyed
- A statement designating one of the exemptions in subsection 6, which the grantee believes
applies to the transaction
UCC/CNS Uniform Commercial Code/Central Notice System
The county recorder's statewide computer service links all 53 counties and the Secretary of
State's office. The UCC/CNS statewide system provides a secure, expedient, and accurate
method to process, store, and retrieve personal property liens from both debtors and secured
parties. For more information, visit Central Indexing (UCC).
NDRIN North Dakota Records Information Network
A group of North Dakota counties have joined together to extend the application of the 1999
disaster-proofing FEMA grant and provide access to real estate records via the Internet. These
records have previously been available only through books and microfilm in the Recorder's
Office at the county courthouse. The service allows users to log onto the web-site to search,
view, and print records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the counties publishing data to the
network. Potential customers interested in subscribing to NDRIN can do so online at NDRIN.
County Clerk of Court & Recorder
Golden Valley County Courthouse
150 1st Ave SE, PO Box 67
Beach, ND 58621
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm